Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Mistake on the Lake
















So for my New Media class I was supposed to go out and take some digital images of run-down buildings throughout Erie. Fortunately, this is a very easy task. Most of downtown Erie is made up of old factories and businesses that are no longer running and that have been sitting empty for many years. The shots I took come from areas around 22nd and Chestnut Street, 15th and Ash Street, 18th and Holland Street, and several from the Parade Street area. For the most part I am frightened of the neighborhoods because of their high crime rates and I understand that they are located in depressed parts of the city, but it saddens me that these places sit vacant where there is so much that can be done to improve the city.

In other news, school is eating my face along with my job which I can never seem to get time off from. Actually it seems as though when I don't have plans or homework to do I have days off and when I desperately need to get something accomplished, I am stuck at work for 10 hours. Sigh.

I always feel like I am running against the clock. I am such a procrastinator and I cannot judge time so I am always late and rushing to meet a deadline. I try so hard but I am always late. I try to get my employers to understand that it's not them, I'm late for everything. Appointments, school, class, meeting up with friends. Can't help it!!!! I think the world should wait for me. Sometimes it's hard for me to understand that people's lives and the world go on when I'm not around.

My boyfriend's cat keeps jumping on the printer and I'm so distracted by her cuteness now that I must end this so I can pick her up and squeeze her furry little body.

No comments:

Post a Comment